16 healthy pregnancy tips
To ensure a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby, you need to optimize your health by doing some basic things. This article discusses 16 healthy pregnancy tips for healthy pregnancy symptoms.
- You need to eat a healthy diet. I am not talking about sugar and fat but healthy diet like vegetables, fruits, whole grains, foods low in saturated fat and most especially calcium rich foods like milk, cheese and yoghurt.
MORE RELATED READ
- You need to get your vitamins right. Plenty of folic acid and calcium in the right amounts will do you a lot of good. Healthy pregnancy foods like kidney beans, broccoli, spinach and oranges are examples of foods rich in folic acid. Foods rich in iron are also necessary because it helps build hemoglobin.
- Take plenty of water. 8 or more cups of water a day will be very good for you and your baby.
- Pregnancy foods to avoid include raw meat, raw eggs, liver, soft cheeses, sushi and unpasteurized milk. These foods can easily cause poisoning. Some fish can contain high mercury, even when cooked and this isn’t healthy for the pregnancy.
- Get regular pre-natal care.
- Avoid alcohol.
- Avoid cigarettes.
- Get a flu vaccination.
- Regular exercise will do you much good.
- Sleep regularly.
- Don’t allow stress to wear you down.
- Become pregnant when your health is at your best.
- Never miss your appointment with your doctors.
- Stay away from recreational drugs.
- Stay away from high caffeine. Bee known to cause a lot of miscarriages.
16. Stay away from over-the-counter drugs. This too has been known to cause miscarriages. Once you are pregnant, it is highly advisable that every drug is should be prescribed by your doctors. This are some of the early pregnancy tips to avoid miscarriage.