Graco Simple Sway Baby Swing, Abbington
Graco’s Simple Sway proves that great things come in small packages. This smart swing has tons of features to help you soothe and comfort baby, all packed into a compact frame design. It’s easy to keep baby close wherever you are at home! You’ll have the option to power up with batteries or save money with the plug-in.
The side-to-side swaying motion comforts your little one and 6 swing speeds let you match baby’s mood. A mobile with 3 soft toys, 15 songs and sounds and a 5-point harness to keep baby secure round out the swing’s terrific features. Rotate the speed dial clockwise, and lightly push the swing to get it started.
Observe the swinging motion for a minute. It takes time for the swing to adjust to a setting. Change setting if needed by moving the dial clockwise for faster speeds or counter-clockwise for slower.
HERE IS THE BASIC FEATURES OF THIS PRODUCT
- Plug-in option allows you to save money on batteries while using your infant swing. Also takes D Batteries, Care – Excessive exposure to sun or heat could cause fading or warping of parts
- This baby swings small frame design fits in any room of your home so you can easily keep baby close wherever you are
- Gentle, side-to-side swaying motion soothes and comforts baby. 2-speed vibration to help keep your baby calm and relaxed
- The deep, plush seat with removable head support keeps your little one cozy and comfortable while in the baby swing.
I was a bit nervous about this product because the price was significantly lower than others like it. My worries were totally unfounded.
The biggest thing I love about this is that it plugs into a wall outlet! I did not want to have to buy batteries all the time. I also like that it does have the option to run it on batteries in case you do want to use that option.
I want to address some of the biggest complaints I’ve seen in the reviews:
1. The swing provides little or no support for small/newborn babies — I can’t she’d much light on this because we bought it for our 14lb 5 month old who sits just fine in it. However, I can say that the padded head support is thin and doesn’t look like it would support a tiny baby.
2. The swing speed is extremely slow or barely moves for heavier babies — this concerned me because well, if the swing doesn’t swing, what’s the point? My son is currently 14lbs which some reviewers said this swing would not support. Our swing has no problems swinging my son’s weight. Sometimes it does seem to start a little slow when you crank up the speed but I simply give it a little swing myself and it picks right up at that speed and continues it. It had no problems starting and maintaining lower speeds.
3. It is very loud when swinging — some reviewers said that this swing was so loud that it drove them mad and they had to turn it off. In my experience, unless you’re extremely sensitive to sound, the clicking and whirring noise shouldn’t be a bother at all. It’s the same noise that every swing I’ve ever seen makes. I can’t help but wonder if some people had recieved swings with defective motors if they were that loud?
4. The music is horrid and obnoxious — even the 4 and 5 star reviews mentioned how bad the music was. We have a baby chair that makes the most ob noxious, high pitched sound when the toy is pulled (we don’t pull the toy haha) so I was kind of expecting the swing music to be like that. I wasn’t planning on using the music feature just because of how bad people said it was. Well, I checked it out after we set it up and I was pleasantly surprised!
I actually like the music! I find it very calming and not obnoxious at all. Both me and baby fall asleep with it on. But, if by chance you fall into the camp that finds the music insufferable, just know that you can leave it off and turn it off with just the push of a button.
5. The mobile doesn’t spin — this is true. The mobile just hangs on the swing there is no movement to it. Yes, it would be nice if the mobile spun to keep the baby’s attention (my son doesn’t seem to care at all about the non moving mobile) but for the price, I can’t complain!
Overall, I would definitely recommend this swing! It’s budget friendly, doesn’t take up a ton of space, is easy to assemble and it keeps baby happy!