6 COMMON CAUSES OF FALLOPIAN TUBE BLOCKAGE
Fallopian tubes are female reproductive organ that connects the uterus to the ovaries. It is where conception takes place when the sperm travels to fertilize the egg released by the ovaries. Once the egg is fertilized, it is the tube that transports the fertilized egg and implants it in the uterus. In this article, we explore 6 causes of Fallopian tube blockage.
If a fallopian tube is blocked for any reason, the sperm will not be able to fertilizer the egg and even if that happens, it may be impossible for it to get to the uterus. Unfortunately, most blocked Fallopian tubes shows no symptoms and therefore it is difficult to find out. In very few cases, blocked Fallopian tubes can cause mild pain on one side of the abdomen called Hydrosalpinx. Hydrosalpinx is a condition when fluid fills and enlarge a blocked Fallopian tube.
In diagnosing this problem, the doctors use a hysterosalpingography (HSG) to examine the inside of the fallopian tubes. The doctor inserts a dye into your uterus and fallopian tubes. This will help the doctor to see more of the inside of your fallopian tube on the X-ray. If HSG does not help in making a conclusive diagnose, a Laparoscopy can be used for further evaluation.
If both tubes are blocked, then pregnancy can never take place and even if it does, there is a high risk of having an ectopic pregnancy. If one side is blocked, fertility might still happen because an egg can still travel to the open tube.
The causes of fallopian tube blockage includes;
- PELVIC INFLAMMATORY DISEASE:
The pelvis, which is in the lower abdomen houses the cervix, fallopian tube, Ovaries and the uterus. The pelvic inflammatory disease (PID) affects the female reproductive organs and this affects about 5% of the female population in the United States.
The disease is caused by the same bacteria that causes gonorrhea, chlamydia and many other sexually transmitted diseases and also can be caused by other factors.
PID is dangerous and can be life threatening, if the infection spreads to the blood. See a doctor immediately you notice the following symptoms;
- Painful Urination
- Irregular bleeding
- Pain in the lower abdomen
- Increased and foul-smelling vaginal discharge
PID can cause scarring of the female tissues which can lead to fallopian tube blockage if not treated
Tissues Can build up in the fallopian tube and can cause a blockage. These endometrial tissues can grow on the outside of other organs which may cause adhesions that block the fallopian tubes.
When fibroids grow and are attached to the uterus, they have a high risk of blocking the fallopian tube.
- AN ECTOPIC PREGNACY that was not properly removed can scar the tissue which may block the fallopian tube.
- An old Surgery around the abdomen, especially on the fallopian tubes can lead to pelvic adhesions that block the tubes.
- Sexually transmitted diseases like gonorrhea, Chlamydia and many other bacterial infections can cause this blockage.
Click here to see reviews for Fallopian Tube Formula Fertility Vaginal Steam product that you could try
PREVENTION OF FALLOPIAN TUBE BLOCKAGE
Follow these measures to prevent fallopian tube blockage
- Do not have multiple sex partners
- Having sex without a condom
- If you have a history of PID talk to a doctor.
- Go for a pelvic exam every 6 months
- Do a urine test for signs of blood, cancer and other diseases or growth
- Do a cervical culture every 6 months.
TREAMENT OF BLOCKAGE FALLOPIAN TUBES
Once a fallopian tube blockage has been diagnosed, doctors can use laparoscopy surgery to remove the blockage and free the tubes if the scarred tissue is small, but if it is large, treatment to remove the blockages may not be possible.
If the tubes were damaged by Ectopic pregnancy or infection, surgery may be an option. A surgeon can removed the damaged part and connect the two healthy parts.
NATURAL CURE OF FALLOPIAN TUBE BLOCKAGE
These natural treatments have not been scientifically proven, but many has seen it to be successful. These treatments are aimed at reducing inflammation in the blocked tube. Some of the natural treatment include;
- Turmeric: This is an antioxidant that is usually used to reduce inflammation and boost your immune system. One can have a turmeric drink to try it out.
- Vitamin C: Same with turmeric, this is also an antioxidant, though it hasn’t been proven to unblock Fallopian tubes, but nevertheless, vitamin C is good for your overall health.
- Ginger is both anti-inflammatory and antioxidant. A research on ginger in 2014 showed that Gingerol, a major ingredient in ginger is very powerful.
- Garlic is often suggested to improve fertility, but more study is needed to prove this.
- Dong Quai is a major Chinese medicine and is often recommended for tube blockages. A study suggested that this herbal doubled the pregnancy rates in female infertility.
There are many others, but like we said earlier, there are no scientific proves about this herbal medicines.
Your life afterwards.
Once treatment is successful, its very possible for one to get pregnant. Pregnancy is more likely to happen if the blockage was near the uterus. Successful rates are lower if the blockage is at the end of the Fallopian tube close to the Ovary.