How to give baby a sponge bath?
Looking for how to give baby a sponge bath? This will answer all that you need to know about giving an infant a sponge bath.
- undress the baby carefully while cradling the head with one hand
- Using a baby sponge or preferably a wipe clothe, clean one area at a time. Start from the back of the ears, then to the neck, elbows, between fingers, knees, toes, under the arms.
- sponge or wipe the hair. Do this very fast to avoid the baby catching cold. Use just water. no need for shampoo.
- Sponge the diaper region which includes the bottom and the genitals, before sponging the belly. Pay particular attention if the baby is circumcised, and if he is, do not wipe the genital area until it heals. For a girl, remember to wash from front to back around the vagina to avoid infections.
- When done, do not the baby dry, gently pat him.